We’re all sisters and therefore responsible for countering our community’s bullshit vs. we’re all sisters and therefore you need to go along with the bullshit. – otsis
these are the biggest problems within the current feminist movement imo:
- liberal feminism- the more women climbing corporate ladders and getting ahead in capitalism and oppressing other women the better
- white feminism- completely ignoring the intersection of racism and misogyny, only focusing on the struggles of white middle class women
- pop feminism- forgetting about feminist writers and academics but idolising pop stars who said a vaguely feminist thing once
- sex posi feminism- rebranding women’s objectification and sexualisation as empowering, coercively calling women misogynistic slurs, and embracing fetishes of rape and abuse
- choice feminism- the idea that any choice a woman makes is feminist while totally ignoring the fact that choices aren’t made in a vacuum and oppression doesn’t become empowerment just because you say it does
- het feminism- framing feminism around how to have more comfortable romantic and sexual relationships with men rather than liberating women from oppressive systems such as compulsory heterosexuality. distancing themselves from and stigmatising “hairy man hating lesbians”
- fashion feminism- wearing the denim jackets and reading rookie and listening to riot grrrl and repeating slogans but not actually learning anything
like it’s just endlessly frustrating seeing so many young feminists led down all these bad paths (i’ve been through most of them) and i’d love to see a shift more towards potent, revolutionary, radical feminism
we’ve gotta fight for it sisters
If I may add:
- capitalist feminism- ignoring the need for a complete revolution of the current pyramid scheme that leaves the needs of the many unchecked for the privileges of a few, of which most are white, male, and heterosexual
- ableist feminism- forgetting to recognize and accommodate for the various level of ability humans have physically and psychologically
radical feminism: academic/privileged ivory towerism; ignoring lesbians, and women over 25; gender-critical but ignoring trans men; becoming like liberal/choice feminism by uncritically approving of everything women do just because they’re women.
postmodern/trans/queer feminism: conflating sex and gender, conflating trans and intersexed, third gender and two-spirit people.