– The term was coined by Rush Limbaugh.
– Men have been whining about “suffering” ever since women first started fighting for the right to vote. Check these out.
“Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become lesbians.”
—-Pat Robertson – speech at GOP Presidential Convention (1992)
– Logical fallacy: Reduction ad Hitlerum.
– It tends to go hand-in-hand with accusing feminists of being in league with religious fundamentalists. Which is nonsense, because both Nazism and religious fundamentalism are anti-feminist; so is MRA ideology. This is projection.
– It is anti-Semitic. A number of feminists, such as Andrea Dworkin, were/are Jewish. And Jewish feminists have repeatedly asked people not to use this term. Some of the ignorant actually listen and give it up, realizing they need to address feminist arguments on their own merit. Others continue to use it, and by “others” I mean MRAs and other people who love parroting that shit, not analyzing.
– “Ad hitlerum is incredibly bad taste in general, but I guess this is a good example of how utterly lacking men are in self awareness. Men have enslaved, forcibly sterilized, vivisected, tortured, mass executed and raped women since forever. They justified female inferiority through science as well. They even burned women too. Logically,men are the Nazis in this incredibly distasteful comparison, for their actions (not to mention words) resemble those of the Nazis much more. But they are too busy projecting and wallowing in their masturbatory victim complex to see it.”